What is the Auburn Hills Citizen Police Academy?
The Citizen Police Academy is a FREE 8 week program that meets once a week. It is designed to give attendees an interactive, hands-on guide through the complexities of police work and an in-depth view of the Auburn Hills Police Department. Attendees will learn the why's and how's of policing by working through a simulated criminal case from beginning to end. The class is limited to 20 students.
Topics will include:
- Police hiring process
- Police in-service training and legal standards
- Use of Firearms, Tasers, and the Police Use of Force
- Shoot/Don't Shoot scenarios
- Evidence gathering and documentation
- Major crash investigations
- Traffic stops and investigations
- Police tactical procedures
- Police Chaplaincy Program
When will Academy Sessions be held? Thursday evenings from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m., September - November. Applicants should make sure they are able to attend all sessions
There is no cost to attend and dinner will be provided during each session.
Anyone with an interest in attending please complete and submit the application.
Applications can be submitted electronically: email@example.com or can be sent via US Mail to:
Auburn Hills Police Department
Attn: Citizen Academy
1899 N. Squirrel Rd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326