icon fb icon tw icon insta icon wp
Utility Payments
The Treasurer's Department accepts your payment for your utility bill.  If you have billing questions or concerns, please contact the Utility Billing Department at (248) 370-9340.

How can I make a payment on my Utility Billing Account: 

The Treasurer’s Department accepts cash, check, and credit / debit card payments. Payments by check can either be mailed or dropped off at City Hall.  After hours payments may be put in the drop-box located outside of the Treasurer’s Department. Please note: Tax and Water payments must be on two separate checks. Cash and credit / debit card payments can be made in person with valid photo ID (fees will apply using this payment method).  You can also make a payment with a Credit / Debit Card or E-Check by using the Utility Bill Payment link.

**Disclaimer: Please make sure your bank account information is entered correctly. If it is incorrect, the Enhanced Access Fee may still be posted due to differing bank scrutiny thresholds**


I sent my payment electronically, through my checking service, why is it late?

The City of Auburn Hills receives e-lockbox payments (online bill payment checks) every business day.  However, not all banks send them electronically. Therefore, if you ask your checking service to send payment, they may have to write a check and mail to the City in the traditional manner. This seems to take longer than it would for you to write and mail a check yourself.  Please make sure to allow ample time for this process if you choose to make payment this way.

If you choose to use your own on-line banking payment system, DO NOT use your utility account number to pay taxes or other invoices.  Payments sent to us with utility account numbers are automatically imported into the utility payment system and will not be removed.

Direct Debit Payment Option Available:

The City of Auburn Hills is offering you the opportunity to pay your water / sewer bill through our Direct Debit Service.  

By completing the enrollment form, your payment will be automatically deducted from your specified checking account on the bill due date.  You are to continue to pay your bill as you normally would until your water / sewer bill indicates that you have been signed up for the service.  You will still receive a bill* each month with the amount to be debited (total due box). 

If you need a new form because you decide to cancel or change bank accounts, simply call (248) 370-9420, click the link below, or write the Treasurer’s Department at 1827 N. Squirrel Rd., Auburn Hills, MI  48326.  If you have any questions on this program, please call us at the above phone #, Monday – Friday, between 8:00am – 5:00pm.

*If you would like to sign up for paperless billing, fill out the back of the payment stub on the bill and return to us.