October 12th, 2020
Roper Lock Boxes for Residents
September 11th, 2020
The City of Auburn Hills is implementing a new program for residents with medical conditions or mobility challenges to obtain a residential lock box. Please visit our Roper lock box page for more information on this new program!
Youth Cadet Program Update
August 17th, 2020
Unfortunately, due to a lack of interest in the Fall Cadet program, it will no longer be occurring this Fall. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but we are hoping to try again in the Spring/Summer of 2021! Please stay tuned on our website for any updates!
Bonfire Permit Update
April 28th, 2020
The City of Auburn Hills will now resume issuing bonfire permits. The permits will be issued once a Fire Inspector has approved the resident application or renewal inquiry. Please download your bonfire application HERE and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, the "submit" button on the form may not work depending on your computer/applications.
Please note: Bonfire Permits do not include open burning of brush, yard waste, construction materials, or rubbish. Other permit policy rules are as follows:
- Bonfire must be 50 feet from any structure.
- Bonfire shall not be greater than 4 feet x 4 feet in dimension.
- Bonfire shall not burn longer than 3 hours.
- Only seasoned fire wood may be burned for a bonfire. No burning of palettes, treated wood, brush, construction materials or rubbish is allowed at any time.
- A garden hose must be available at the site of the bonfire at all times.
- A rake or shovel must be available at bonfire site at all times.
- A competent adult must be in attendance of the bonfire at all times.
- Bonfire may be terminated by a police or fire department official if a neighbor finds the smoke offensive and complains.
- A copy of this permit shall be presented at request of a police of fire representative or the bonfire shall be extinguished.
- This permit is only valid until December 31st of the year in which it was issued. The resident must request a new permit each year.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (248) 370-9461.
The burning of leaves and brush are allowed during specific time frames twice a year.
- Spring Burning: May 1st through May 31st
- Fall Burning: October 15th through November 30th
Please be considerate of your surroundings and your neighbors when burning; if the fire is causing large amounts of nuisance smoke, it must be extinguished. If a resident is found in violation of this policy/ordinance, a citation and fine may be issued.
For more information on the Open Burn Policy, please click here.