Bonfire Permit Update:
Tuesday, April 28, 2020
The City of Auburn Hills will now resume issuing bonfire permits. The permits will be issued once a Fire Inspector has approved the resident application or renewal inquiry. Please submit your bonfire application HERE.
Please note: Bonfire Permits do not include open burning of yard waste. For more information on the Open Burn Policy, see this link: http://auburnhills.org/document/burning_dates_rules_and_regulations.php
Thank you for your cooperation.
Youth Cadet Program
Monday, April 20, 2020
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, the Summer Youth Cadet Program has been cancelled. Stay tuned to our Special Events page for updates.
Auburn Hills Fire Department Promotions
(January 6th, 2020)
The Auburn Hills Fire Department (AHFD) proudly honored eight firefighters during the City’s Council meeting on January 6th, 2020 by swearing them into new department positions.
The eight firefighters recognized were:
- Probationary Firefighter Christopher Babcock who completed his one-year recruitment period becoming an official full-time firefighter with the department;
- Lieutenants Michael Strunk, Owen Milks, and John Hering were promoted to Captain;
- Firefighters Bryan Shambeck, Michael Riedy, and Dane Hazelton were promoted to Lieutenant;
- And Firefighter Trevin Robinson was promoted to Administrative Officer.
- The ability to develop mentoring programs in improving future succession planning;
- Additional future promotional opportunities for overall growth and retention of personnel;
- And, the ability to establish exterior Incident Command 24/7 at the onset of all emergency incidents which provides much safer scene accountability and compliance with Incident Command System laws and standards.