The City of Auburn Hills Fire Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of paid-call firefighter.
• Must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalency. (Documentation required)
• Applicants must possess a valid Michigan drivers license with not more than five (5) points on record or more than two (2) civil infraction moving violations.
• Applicants with violations and/or convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances, reckless driving, impaired driving, drag racing, leaving the scene of an accident, chargeable as a misdemeanor may not be considered for employment.
• Must live within an established response district of one of the three city fire stations.
• Must have completed Firefighter I and Firefighter II and posses at least a Basic EMT license.
• Completion of employment application
• Written general aptitude examination
• Oral interview
• Driving record check
• Accomodation of disability notification
• Conditional offer of employment
• Driving record verification
• Background investigation
• Physical examination with drug screen
• Physical agility test
• Final offer of employment
• Department Orientation
• Applicants to the Auburn Hills Fire Department will be notified in writing when each of the pre-employment processes will be conducted.
• The entire process generally requires a minimum of two (2) months to complete
• Applicants to the Auburn Hills Fire Department should not call to inquire about the status of their application. Applicants will be notified in writing of their current standing upon completion of each phase of the pre-employment process.
• Applications will be maintained on file for one (1) year from the date of applications. All employment with the City of Auburn Hills is on an "at will" basis. The City of Auburn Hills is an equal opportunity employer. As such, all persons are eligible for employment as paid-call firefighters without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, or disability that may be accommodated. Additionally, persons employed will not be subject to discrimination, harassment or inappropriate treatment with respect to their race, color, creed, sex, national origin, or disability as outlined in specific Ferderal, State, Local laws or ordinances.
Physical Agility Test Requirements