Frequently Asked Questions
- What is changing with Solid Waste Services in Auburn Hills?
As of January 1, 2012, Waste Management will be the single hauler for Auburn Hills’ residents.
- Do I have to switch to Waste Management service?
Yes. On September 19, 2011, the Auburn Hills City Council approved Waste Management as the single hauler to provide trash, recycling and yard waste pick-up service for the City.
- Who must participate in this program?
This single waste hauler program is for single-family residences, residential duplexes, and certain residential condominium units as designated by the City Manager for curbside collection. At their regular meeting, the Auburn Hills City Council adopted an Ordinance to Amend Chapter 54, Solid Waste, of the City of Auburn Hills Code.
- What about my current service provider?
Do not pay your current solid waste service provider beyond January 1, 2012. Contact your current service provider for refund information if you have already paid for service beyond January 1, 2012.
- What is Waste Management’s cost per quarter for residents?
The cost of base services, which is trash, recycling and yard waste (including bulky items) is estimated to be $30.55 per quarter for year 2012.
- When can I expect my first bill from Waste Management?
Waste Management will send your initial bill in early December covering the period of January 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012. Payment instructions are included with the bill.
- When will I get my recycle bin and program details from Waste Management?
Expect delivery of your recycling bin and program details from Waste Management in December. The program details will also be available on the City’s website in early November.
- What should I do if I do not receive my recycle bin and program details?
If you do not receive your recycle bin by December 23, 2011 you should contact Shawn Keenan at 248-364-6926 or Waste Management at 800-796-9696.
- Will the City of Auburn Hills continue to provide the annual Spring Clean-up program for bulk items?
No. Bulk item pick-up will be provided by Waste Management as part of the weekly service. The City will continue to provide an annual Hazardous Waste Day.