CONDITIONAL RESCISSION APPLICATIONS FOR PRINCIPAL RESIDENCE EXEMPTION. WHAT ARE THEY?
- FOR SALE
- NOT OCCUPIED
- NOT LEASED
- NOT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSE
- If you move to another residence outside of the State of Michigan, you DO NOT qualify for this exemption.
- If you are granted a Conditional Rescission then subsequently occupy, lease or use the home for business purposes, the exemption will be REVOKED for all applicable tax years.
Click HERE to download the Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption Form #4640.
Click HERE to view the Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption Frequently Asked Questions document published by the Michigan Department of Treasury.
- DECEMBER 31, 2013 IS THE DEADLINE FOR APPLYING FOR 2ND AND 3RD YEAR CONDITIONAL RESCISSIONS (FOR THE 2014 TAX YEAR).
- JUNE 1, 2014 IS THE DEADLINE FOR 1ST YEAR CLAIMS (FOR THE 2014 TAX YEAR)